STMA Legislative Action Team
A group of community members who are engaged with current legislation happenings and work to educate and advocate for bills that have a direct positive impact on STMA.
The mission of the STMA Legislative Action Team (LAT) is to actively advocate for legislation that supports high quality education for all Minnesota students with a focus on issues specific to the STMA School District. In addition, the LAT will inform our community of legislative activities that pertain to public education.
Advocate locally and at the Capitol while building relationships with legislators and state leaders.
- Educate and engage stakeholders in the district’s priorities and legislative process to build support and advocacy capacity for STMA Schools.
Goals (Educate, Engage, and Advocate):
- Advocate with legislators for legislative priorities determined by the school board.
- Educate members of the community on the district’s legislative priorities and legislative bills.
- Engage stakeholders on legislative bills and how they impact STMA students, staff, families, and the community.
- Request advocacy from stakeholders when their voices are most needed.
Sign up here for our team and to receive updates!
LAT Steering Team Members:
Dr. Ann-Marie Foucault
2023-24 Meeting Dates
- Wednesday, November 29 6:00-7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, January 9 6:00-7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 21 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 21 6:00-7:00 p.m.
*All meetings held in the Middle School West Staff Development Room unless otherwise noted