STMA Strategic Plan
STMA drafted a new strategic plan in the fall and spring of 2020-2021. The strategic plan is a concise document that provides directional clarity to the district and community and guides the work of the district for three to four years. The strategic plan consists of:
Mission Statement: a short and powerful statement that describes the purpose of the district.
Vision: an articulation of what the district desires to be like in the next three to four years.
Strategic Directions: high-level statements that articulate the actions the district will take to bring it from its current state to the future state described by the vision.
Operational Plan: key initiatives aligned to strategic directions to help the district achieve its vision.
Evaluation Plan: measures aligned to strategic directions that assess the district's progress in achieving its vision.
The process of updating the district’s current strategic roadmap had many opportunities for various stakeholders to provide input during various listening sessions. The information gathered from the listening sessions was used by the core design team and school board to draft a new strategic plan. The plan was approved by the school board on April 5, 2021.
STMA Schools will be the pride of our community, educating the whole student, with excellence in academics, arts, activities, and athletics through the empowerment of a world-class staff.
The mission of STMA Schools is to provide a safe educational environment where students develop lifelong learning skills that nurture positive attitudes and self-worth.
This will be accomplished when all graduates function as:
- Self-directed individuals who set goals, think creatively and critically, use inquiry, and manage a process for achieving these goals.
- Effective communicators who work well independently and in groups and who use available resources to access, process, and share information and ideas.
- Active, responsible, and respectful community members.
To achieve its Mission and attain its Vision, STMA Schools will:
- Engage in the continuous improvement of teaching and learning
- Engage in the continuous improvement of student support systems and programs
- Cultivate family and community connections and increase advocacy in support of the district mission
- Align people and organizational resources to sustain district success