Thank You For Choosing To Sub At STMA!
We are excited to welcome you to our buildings and classrooms. Below you will find helpful information and resources that you can reference throughout your substitute employment with us. For any questions or concerns, please reach out to Amy VanHeel, Human Resources Supervisor, at (763) 497-6532 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Teachers, Paraprofessionals, and Food Service Substitutes
Teachers, paraprofessionals inside and outside of the classroom, and foodservice substitutes will be able to search for and select assignments using the SmartFind substitute management system when permanent staff members are absent. This online system allows you to set up your own preferences such as building locations, availability, and classification. In addition to using the website to find assignments, SmartFind will also call you directly with assignment information in the mornings or evenings by phone.
Custodial substitutes will receive phone calls directly from the Director of Buildings & Grounds for substitute assignments.
- You will be expected to stay for the entire scheduled shift unless you have discussed a change with the office.
- Upon check-in at the buildings, you may be asked to turn in your car keys in order to obtain a school key.
- Please bring your Driver's License or valid photo ID to check-in at the buildings.
- You may be asked to sub in another classroom over your scheduled prep time.
- If school is canceled or delayed, STMA will notify news stations by 6:00 AM.
For assignment questions/cancellations due to illness or unforeseen circumstances, please call the building directly using the information below.
Albertville Primary: (763) 497-2688
Big Woods Elementary: (763) 497-8025
Fieldstone Elementary: (763) 497-0904
St. Michael Elementary: (763) 497-4882
Middle School East: (763) 497-2655
Middle School West: (763) 497-4524
High School: (763) 497-2192
Knights Academy: (763) 497-2688
Mark Jansen, Knights Academy Principal
Food Service: (763) 497-3180
Maintenance: (763) 464-1307
Transportation: (763) 497-3180
Sandie Chrobak, Special Services Coordinator
Helpful Links and Resources
Substitute Teacher Licensure and Preparation