Skip To Main Content

Paid Time Off Leaves of Absence Forms

Paid Time Off and Leaves of Absence

 Requesting Time Off

All employees should request paid and unpaid time off in Skyward. Upon hire, employees will receive a secure login and password to our Skyward employee portal. Time off requests in Skyward is for payroll/administrative purposes, check with your supervisor if you need to do anything additional. Access Skyward for Employee Account.   

Medical/Maternity Leave of Absence

Medical leaves for more than 10 days and maternity leaves should be requested on the Leave of Absence Request Form for school board approval.

Do you need to request a leave of absence for the birth of a baby? Please see helpful documents below that outline the steps you need to take to notify the district of your need for a leave of absence and how to transition back to work after the birth of your baby. To set up a meeting with the HR team, please reach out to Ally Olinger, Benefits & Leave Coordinator, at 763-497-3180, x5408.

Once your baby is born, please complete the Notification of Birth form to notify the HR department that your leave has begun and how you'd like to allocate any paid time off.

Learn more about the Family and Medical Leave Act and your rights under FMLA below.

Requesting a Substitute

Requests for substitutes for Teachers, Speech-Language Pathologists, Office Paraprofessionals, Teacher Paraprofessionals, Special Education Paraprofessionals, and Media Paraprofessionals should be made in SmartFind. All other staff members should contact their supervisor for a substitute if required. If you have questions about SmartFind, contact Heather Ludwig in Human Resources in the District Office at 763-497-6532.  

Maintenance and Support Staff Referral Incentive