2021 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Inductee Joyce Casey and Sharon Schumm, wife of inductee the late Merrel Schumm, pictured with the STMA School Board.
STMA Hall of Fame Inductees:
2021: Mr. Merrel Schumm -- Ms. Joyce Casey
2020: Mr. Darrell Skogen -- Mr. Earl Bauman
2019: Ms. Gayle Weber -- Mr. Mario DeMatteis
2018: Dr. Thomas Hagerty -- Mr. Chuck Lefebvre
STMA Hall of Fame
The purpose of the STMA Hall of Fame is to honor individuals who have made a significant impact on students and contributed to the district’s tradition of excellence.
- Nomination Window: January 4-29, 2021
- Nomination Deadline: January 29, 2021
- Hall of Fame Induction: May 17, 2021
- Individuals are nominated via a nomination form. Forms are available on the district web site and in the district office.
- Superintendent emails members of the Selection Committee nominations for their perusal (February 1).
- Selection Committee meets to review and select Hall of Fame inductees (February 18 @ 6:00 p.m. virtual mtg.).
- New inductees are notified and invited to the May induction ceremony.
- Honors individuals who have a longstanding history of service to the district.
- The candidate must have at least five years of service to the district as a former employee or community member who has made a positive impact on the district. The individual can be a former employee or a community member.
- The individual has provided exceptionally meritorious service and demonstrated commitment to STMA’s tradition of excellence.
- Anyone, including school staff and community members, can nominate an individual.
- A candidate must receive a number of affirmative votes equal to 75% of selection committee members present at the meeting.
- A maximum of two individuals will be inducted into the Hall of Fame during any given school year.
- An individual may NOT nominate himself or herself for induction. Selection committee members cannot nominate an individual.
- Nominations forwarded to the selection committee are subject to superintendent and school board chair approval.
- Nominations not selected for induction are held for one year. Superintendent must receive written notice to re-submit for subsequent year.
Selection Committee Members:
- Ann-Marie Foucault, Superintendent
- Larry Sorensen, School Board Member
- Carol Steffens, School Board Member
- Renee Krupke, Teacher
- Jeff Blake, Support Staff
- John McDonald, Principal
- Maryellen Barthel, Director of Community Education
- Mayor Jillian Hendrickson, Community Member
- Luke Johnson, HS Student
Location of Recognition Plaques: Inside Door A at MW