STMA uses a number of measures to assess and evaluate student progress toward local, state, and national standards and college and career readiness standards. The purpose of the layered assessment system is to screen, progress monitor, determine curriculum effectiveness, personalize student instruction, evaluate program effectiveness, gauge instructional strategy effectiveness, determine student program placement, diagnose learning difficulties, determine state/federal accountability, and inform students and parents of student progress.
Assessment ResultsSummative and formative assessment results are extremely beneficial to the STMA staff and the District and are utilized in a variety of ways. Assessment results are often used
- to create flexible grouping of students and differentiation by classroom teachers,
- as indicators for student placement,
- to inform students, parents and educators of academic progress,
- to assess curriculum effectiveness,
- and guide student instruction.
Assessment Program Objectives
- Measure the effectiveness of the district's curriculum in instructing toward the academic standards.
- Ensure that all St. Michael-Albertville students leave high school with sound college and career readiness skills.
- Have data regarding student achievement readily available for use by appropriate personnel.
- Assess new students quickly and efficiently to ensure appropriate placement.
- Adhere to state and federal regulations and requirements.
District Assessment Coordinator
Degrees and Certifications:
Principal Licensure K-12 Master's Degree in Education B.A. Degree 5-12 Mathematics Education
Mr. Jonah Barten
School Assessment Coordinators
School Assessment Coordinator
John McDonald (Principal)
Big Woods Elementary
Nicole Miller (Dean of Students)
Marsha Rhodes (Dean of Students)
St. Michael Elementary
Kathleen Ellsworth (Dean of Students)
Middle School East
Dave Holler (Assistant Principal)
Middle School West
Lynn Jennesin (Assistant Principal)
Jolene Herfel (Assistant Principal)
Mark Jansen (Principal)