Graduation will be Friday, June 4, 2021
The graduation ceremony is at 7:00 PM on Friday, June 4, 2021.
It’s located in the gym at the High School. Length is approximately 90 minutes. Parents will receive email communications about graduation. Please ensure your email address is correct in ParentVUE.
Graduation Fee and Deadline
The school collects the cap and gown fee ($25) through your FeePay account. Cash or check payments can be given to staff members in the main office. The payment deadline is two weeks before the ceremony. Contact Anne Zahler at email@example.com with any questions related to fees.
Cap and Gown Information
Please fill out the 2021 Graduation Information Google form with your contact information for Herff-Jones. Contact Donelle Welch at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Congratulations St. Michael-Albertville High School Seniors & Parents!
It’s time to place your graduation order. Herff Jones is the official graduation provider for STMA High School. Your cap and gown, graduation announcements, diploma, and class rings are customized for STMA graduating class of 2021. The following information will help you place your order today.
There are two ways to order. Order online at highschool.herffjones.com or by phone 866-238-5336
Please be sure to view the brief STMA Class of 2021 Virtual Graduation Meeting at: http://herff.ly/VCMSeniors4311
Caps and gowns must be ordered by December 30, 2020 to ensure proper sizing for your big day!
Place your order by clicking on the Shop Now arrow on the STMA flyer (highschool.herffjones.com) or the picture below.
Enter the items you would like to order.
Note: If you place an order that only includes a cap/gown unit, enter promo code 2021grad at checkout for $0 cap/gown unit. If you are ordering a grad package with cap/gown unit and senior items - no promo code is needed to order your cap/gown unit for $0.
Class rings may be ordered by clicking on Design your ring. There are many new styles for 2021 that may be customized to tell your story with your style and achievements. Go to: http://herff.ly/VCMJewelry4311 to view a brief class ring clip with all the new styles.
- You will receive an email confirmation after you submit your graduation order. If you have questions, please reach out to a customer service team member at the number listed below.
Contact Donelle Welch, Herff-Jones Scholastic Achievement Partner, JH Customer Service: 866-238-5336
Graduates will receive their diploma after the ceremony. Diplomas will not be distributed to graduates with outstanding obligations/fines, etc.
Graduates who will not be attending the ceremony should contact your Guidance Counselor at 763-497-6525.
Ceremony Tickets and Distribution
Ticket distribution information will be posted at a later date.
The Performing Arts Center (PAC) will live stream the ceremony and additional guests are welcome to view the program there on a first come, first serve basis until we reach capacity. No ticket needed.
Community Service Hours
Community service forms for all seniors are due mid-May. Graduates risk the privilege of picking up their diploma after the graduation ceremony if forms received after this date.
If you or a friend/family member uses a wheelchair or other mobility-assistive device, you will be able to request accommodations starting mid-May. Please email Shannon Foreman or call Shannon at the number below regarding your needs.
Need further assistance? Please call Shannon Foreman at 763-497-2192.
On Friday, June 4th, at 9:45 AM, there will be a mandatory graduation rehearsal in the high school gymnasium. All seniors are expected to participate in this rehearsal to ensure a well-prepared ceremony that evening. As outlined in the student handbook, “Participation in the commencement ceremony is a privilege, not a right. Students must be in good standing upon completion of the school year to participate in the commencement ceremony.”
Graduation Commencement - Student Information
1. Arrive by 6:15 p.m. – Please park in the parking lot by door “C” for tonight's ceremony and we encourage parents to pick up vehicles following the ceremony.
2. 6:20 p.m. – Doors open for family and friends seating.
3. 6:35 p.m. – Graduates please be in your rows in the Activity Center for final instructions.
4. You will be lead into the gym for the 7:00 p.m. processional. You must walk quietly to the gymnasium, two lines side by side
5. Graduates are expected to be dressed appropriately for commencement. Graduation at STMA is a formal event. Boys are asked to wear a shirt, (a tie looks good) dress slacks, and dress shoes with their gown. Girls are asked to wear dress shoes (no flip-flops) with their gown. No sunglasses allowed. Do not decorate your cap.
6. This is the largest public ceremony of the school year and possibly your school years. Please be mindful of the formal occasion. Your conduct is important, and your community is a part of this event.
7. Handicapped seating will be available. Handicapped guests should park and enter door “C”. Tickets are required for admission to the commencement ceremony.
8. The tassel is worn draped over the right front quarter of the cap. During the tassel ceremony, the tassel is moved to the left front quarter of the cap. Senior class student council members will conduct the tassel ceremony. All graduates will recess together. Please note: Teachers will lead the processional.
9. Please iron your gown if it needs it. You may keep your gown, hat, tassel & honor chord.
10. Your diploma will be issued from the west end of the cafeteria with the understanding that all fines and other obligations are resolved before your diploma will be issued.
11. NHS stoles (for NHS members) must be returned to the west end of the cafeteria in order to receive your diploma.
If your student’s lunch account balance is in the negative please make sure you have your account paid up before graduation.
If on the last day of school your senior still has a balance in their lunch account, they can take care of it during their lunch period on the last day in one of the following ways:
1. If you have more than one student in the district your senior can request funds to be transferred from their account to a sibling.
2. If your student has $10 or less in their lunch account on the last day of school they can request a cash refund during their lunch period.
3. If your student has more than $10.00 in their lunch account they can request a refund check (these will be mailed out this summer).
4. You can donate your balance to our Angel Fund. The Angel Fund has been set up to help families purchase lunches when the need arises. Please contact Kimberly Ronning if you would like your senior’s lunch account balance to be donated to the angel fund.
If you have any questions in regard to your student’s lunch account please email Kimberly Ronning or call 763-497-3180 ext. 94370.
All Night Grad PartyPlease see the All Night Graduation Party new website for all the details in one place: how to sign up, volunteer opportunities and sign up, upcoming fundraising events, how to donate, and much more. stmagradparty.comWebpage last updated October 28, 2020