A group of community members who are engaged with current legislation happenings and work to educate and advocate for bills that have a direct positive impact on STMA.
The mission of the STMA Legislative Action Team (LAT) is to actively advocate for legislation that supports high quality education for all Minnesota students with a focus on issues specific to the STMA School District. In addition, the LAT will inform our community of legislative activities that pertain to public education.
- Advocate locally and at the Capitol while building relationships with legislators and state leaders.
- Educate and engage stakeholders in the district’s priorities and legislative process to build support and advocacy capacity for STMA Schools.
Goals (Educate, Engage, and Advocate):
- Advocate with legislators for legislative priorities determined by the school board.
- Educate members of the community on the district’s legislative priorities and legislative bills.
- Engage stakeholders on legislative bills and how they impact STMA students, staff, families, and the community.
- Request advocacy from stakeholders when their voices are most needed.
Sign up here for our team and to receive updates!
LAT Steering Team Members:
Dr. Ann-Marie Foucault
Information from past meetings:
- April 20, 2022 meeting
- March 30, 2022 meeting
- March 2, 2022 meeting
- February 14, 2022 meeting
- January 25, 2022 meeting
- December 8, 2021 kick-off meeting