Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award
The Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award is a children's choice book award.
Its purpose is to encourage recreational reading among upper elementary age children.
Nominated titles are works of fiction of recognized quality selected by a panel of reading groups.
Here is how the award works:
- Each year ten chapter book nominees will be announced.
- Students who read three or more of the nominated books will be able to vote.
- Voting will take place at the end of March.
- The award winner will be announced sometime in April. New nominees will be announced at the same time.
Star of the North Book Award
About the Star of the North Award
The Star of the North Picture Book Award was established in 2013.
The purpose of the award is to promote quality, engaging picture books, and reading for fun among school-aged children.
The ten nominees are selected by the Star of the North Selection Committee.
In March, students across the state vote on which books they think should win.
The book receiving the most votes from children in grades K-2 is the winner.
How the award works:
- Each year ten picture book nominees will be announced.
- Books will be read to K-2 students during their media class time.
- Votes will be collected at the beginning of April.
- The award winner will be announced each year between April 18 and 25. New nominees will be announced at the same time.