Project Lead the Way
STMA is proud to be a Project Lead the Way (PLTW) school district. PLTW prepares students to be innovative and productive leaders in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) and to make meaningful, pioneering contributions to our world. Through an engaging, hands-on curriculum, PLTW encourages the development of problem-solving skills, critical thinking, creative and innovative reasoning, and a love of learning. STEM education is at the heart of today’s high-tech, high-skill global economy. For America to remain economically competitive, our next generation of leaders must develop critical reasoning and problem-solving skills that will help make them the most productive in the world. PLTW sparks ingenuity, creativity, and innovation within all of our students PLTW develops motivated, well-rounded students by instilling confidence, stressing the importance of self-discovery, encouraging innovative problem solving and critical thinking, teaching team building, and rewarding creativity.
- PLTW students achieve significantly higher scores in reading, mathematics, and science.
- PLTW graduates earn higher GPAs as college freshmen.
- PLTW graduates are 5 to 10 times more likely to study engineering and technology.
STMA offers PLTW's Gateway to Technology at both middle schools and offers the following PLTW courses at the high school:
- Principles of Technology
- Introduction to Engineering Design
- Principles of Engineering
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
Visit the PLTW website.