Applying for College
Recommendations for students applying to both two and four-year colleges:
- Check with your counselor regarding applications and the sending of official transcripts.
- Check deadlines and admission requirements.
- Applicants should apply to colleges early in the fall as some programs close early.
- Visit the Scholarship Wall in the Guidance Office regularly so you don't miss scholarship opportunities.
- Financial Aid: FAFSA form is filed online.
- Seniors who are looking to establish reciprocity with ND, SD, or WI should apply online at http://www.ohe.state.mn.us/
Seniors planning to attend a four-year college in the future should take the ACT Test before December of their senior year. The STMA High School Code is 242-209. Students can register online for the ACT at www.actstudent.org.
The easy steps of the Application Process:
- Complete the application
- Contact teachers for letters of recommendation (only if needed)
- Send an official transcript to college through Parchment (www.parchment.com)
- Submit your official ACT/SAT scores online if you did not send them when you took the exam
- A counselor will complete any required information necessary