2021 Middle School East Golf Information
2021 Schedule Link: Golf 7/8
First Day of Practice: Monday, April 19th. Practices take place on Monday through Thursday each week. All practices and home matches are at Vintage unless the weather doesn’t allow it. You will be bussed to Vintage each night on the shuttle bus which will pick you up in the bus parking lot at approximately 3:20. Parents should pick you up each night at Vintage. Practices may be held at Middle School East if the weather is bad.
Sports Physical: Players need to have a sports physical on file in the activities office. Sports physicals are valid for three years. A student with a three-year clearance that expires at any time from March 12, 2020, through the conclusion of the 2020-2021 school year will have the clearance extended through the completion of the 2020-2021 school year. You need to have a sports physical on file in order to register through SmartSchoolK12 in ParentVue.
Registration: All Middle School sports registration is done online using ParentVue. The fee for Golf is $150.
STMA has a new online registration system, SmartSchoolK12 also known as Affinety. You will need to create a new account and add a funding source before registering. Follow the instructions on the links below. Please follow both sets of instructions to help avoid confusion. Please note, when you register for activities one of the questions asks about an online school. In this case, online refers to being enrolled in a fully online school and does not represent distance learning.
Behavior: As an athlete for Middle School East, you are an ambassador of our school. As an ambassador of our school, we expect your behavior to be that of a positive model for others to see and follow.
Important Policies to remember:
- Chemical Use Eligibility Policy
Same policy as STMA High School
- 1st violation - 2 weeks or 2 events
- Association - 1 week or 1 event
- Academic Eligibility Policy
- You need to be passing all of your classes to be on in activities.
- Mid-trimester: Ineligible until passing all their classes.
- Mid-trimeste for Trimester 3 is April 23rd. Grade checks will be on April 26th.
- Attendance Policy
- You need to be in class four full periods of the day in order to practice or play in a game that night. If you have a doctor’s appointment, you may be excused from this requirement, but you need to make sure to bring a note to our attendance person from the doctor explaining that the appointment took longer than usual.
- Your coaches will expect you to be at practice every day. Missed practices may result in reduced playing time.
- We will bus you to and from all road games, but you may ride home with your parents after a game rather than ride the bus back to school. You need to have your parent sign out with your coach if you ride home with a parent. If you are planning to ride home with someone else’s parents, your parents need to notify Mrs. Schleicher of this one day in advance.
- Families complete daily self-health checks.
- Staff complete daily self-health checks.
- If a student exhibits symptoms, the student will be isolated from the group, and the parent will be notified and asked to pick up the student.
- Masks must be worn by all staff and by students when in proximity to others.
- Students are separated into pods of no larger than 25.
- Students will come to school dressed for your activity when possible.
- Students will have limited access to locker rooms but will not be assigned lockers.
- Students need to bring all of their stuff out to their practice locations.
- Students need their own water bottles labeled with their names.
Clothes: Make sure to have warm clothes with you at all times. There will be some very cold days in the spring, so dress appropriately.
- Chemical Use Eligibility Policy
MSE Golf Match Highlights from 5/19 at Home vs MonticelloThe Middle School East golf teams hosted the Monticello Magic at Vintage Golf Course Wednesday afternoon. The Magic defeated the boys by a close score of 163-166. Leading scorers for the Knights were Cody F. and Peyton F. who posted scores of 40 and 41, while Roman D. and Ryder S. tallied a 42 and 43. Good job boys! The STMA girls team felt little competition from Monticello, actually no competition as the Magic had no girls for the competition. However, the Knights as a team posted a season low 192 round as Grace J. and Abby S. shot a 45 and 47, while Lauren P. and Kendyl O. shot identical 50's to round out the scoring. Another good meet ladies!
MSE Golf Highlights from 5/10 at Home vs Big Lake
The STMA East golf team hosted the Big Lake Hornets on a cool breezy Monday night. Big Lake was unable to field a boys team but did have enough girls to take on the Knights. The girls were victorious with a team score of 161-221. Grace K. was the overall medalist with an impressive seven over par 36. She was followed by Kate A. with a 39 and Faith J. with a 42. In the boys' event, top scorers were Gavin B. and Brenden H. who both carded a nice round of 8 over par 37. Also scoring well for the Knights was Ian W. with a 42.
MSE Golf Highlights from 5/3 at Buffalo
The STMA East golf team traveled to Buffalo for a dual meet with the Bison. The Bison came out on top by a close score of 201-206. Top scorer for the Knights and a second place finish overall was Brendan H. Also finishing strong was Wyatt H. with a 50, Samuel A. 54, Cody F. a 55 and Lawson N. with a 55. On the girls' side, the Knights were led by Grace K. 64 and Samantha M. with a 68. Team score for the lady Knights was 268. Buffalo was unable to field a full girls squad. Good first round golfers!