2021 Middle School Boys Tennis Information
STMA has a great summer tennis program run through Community Ed. Camps run Monday-Thursday starting on June 14th and go through July 15th (no camps the week of July 5th). You can choose between two different time slots for 6th-8th grade camps: 10:15am-11:45am at MSE or 11:45am-1:15pm at MSW. Click here for registration or contact the Community Ed office at (763) 497-6550 or email@example.com.These camps are a great opportunity for players to improve their skills and game play technique! No prior tennis experience is required; if you have friends, family, or neighbors who are interested please feel free to share! We offer camps for current 1st graders through current 8th graders.
2021 Schedule Link: Boys Tennis Schedule
First Day of Practice: Monday, April 19th. Practices take place on Monday through Thursday each week. All practices and home matches are at East.
Sports Physical: Players need to have a sports physical on file in activities office. Sports physicals are valid for three years. A student with a three-year clearance that expires at any time from March 12, 2020 through the conclusion of the 2020-2021 school year will have the clearance extended through the completion of the 2020-2021 school year. You need to have a sports physical on file in order to register through SmartSchoolK12 in ParentVue.
Registration: All Middle School sports registration is done online using ParentVue. The fee for Volleyball is $150.
STMA has a new online registration system, SmartSchoolK12 also known as Affinety. You will need to create a new account and add a funding source before registering. Follow the instructions on the links below. Please follow both sets of instructions to help avoid confusion. Please note, when you register for activities one of the questions asks about online school. In this case, online refers to being enrolled in a fully online school and does not represent distance learning.
Behavior: As an athlete for Middle School East, you are an ambassador of our school. As an ambassador of our school, we expect your behavior to be that of a positive model for others to see and follow.
Important Policies to remember:
- Chemical Use Eligibility Policy
Same policy as STMA High School
- 1st violation - 2 weeks or 2 events
- Association - 1 week or 1 event
- Academic Eligibility Policy
- You need to be passing all of your classes to be on in activities.
- Mid-trimester: Ineligible until passing all their classes.
- Mid-trimeste for Trimester 3 is April 23rd. Grade checks will be on April 26th.
- Attendance Policy
- You need to be in class four full periods of the day in order to practice or play in a match that night. If you have a doctor’s appointment, you may be excused from this requirement, but you need to make sure to bring a note to our attendance person from the doctor explaining that the appointment took longer than usual.
- Your coaches will expect you to be at practice every day. Missed practices may result in reduced playing time.
- We will bus you to and from all road matches, but you may ride home with your parents after a match rather than ride the bus back to school. You need to have your parent sign out with your coach if you ride home with a parent. If you are planning to ride home with someone else’s parents, your parents need to notify Mrs. Schleicher of this one day in advance.
- Chemical Use Eligibility Policy
- Families complete daily self-health checks.
- Staff complete daily self-health checks.
- If a student exhibits symptoms, the student will be isolated from the group, and the parent will be notified and asked to pick up the student.
- Masks must be worn by all staff and by students when in proximity to others.
- Students are separated into pods of no larger than 25.
- Students will come to school dressed for your activity when possible.
- Students will have limited access to locker rooms but will not be assigned lockers.
- Students need to bring all of their stuff out to their practice locations.
- Students need their own water bottles labeled with their names.
Clothes: Make sure to have warm clothes with you at all times. There will be some very cold days in the spring, so dress appropriately.
Boys Tennis Highlights from 5/25 at Becker
The STMA Boys Tennis team traveled up to Becker to take on the Bulldogs yesterday. It was a beautiful, warm, sunny day for tennis...with gale force winds. However, the Knights didn't let that stop them. The Knights started out strong with a 6-3 win from Jacob G. in his singles match. Both teams played great tennis all the way through the last match. With a 5-5 match tie, it was up to doubles partners Mathias W. and Landon K. In a final service game with a total of seven deuces, the Knights brought home the win with a score of 6-4. The Knights travel to Monticello Thursday for their final match.
Boys Tennis Highlights from 5/18 at BeckerThe STMA Boys Tennis team traveled to Becker Tuesday to take on the Becker Bulldogs. Doubles partners Hudson S. and Pete L. played an excellent match winning 6-2. All players had a well played match, but Becker eked out a win. The tennis team will host the Monticello Magic today at Middle School East.
Boys Tennis Match Highlights from 5/6 at Monticello
The STMA Boys Tennis team defeated the Monticello Magic yesterday afternoon. Doubles partners Mathias W. and Brady G., dubbed "The Dream Team", won both sets 6-4, 6-4. Doubles partners Pete L. and Hudson S. defeated the Magic 6-2, 6-1 with monster serves and overheads. The STMA Boys Tennis Team will host the Buffalo Bison at home this Tuesday.