Middle School Cross Country Information
Click here for info about the 2020 Cross Country Season
Click here for the Parents Guide to Cross Country
Schedule: For Fall 2020, Cross Country will be an in house sport, meaning we will not be competing with schools outside of the district.
See the schedule for competition below. Dates may be changed due to weather.A Day Runners-Timed Mile Monday September 21st- No Spectators-1.5 Mile Intrasquad Tuesday September 29-2 Mile Intrasquad Tuesday October 13th-Timed Mile Tuesday October 20th-No SpectatorsB Day Runners-Timed Mile Thursday Sept17th- No Spectators-1.5 Mile Intrasquad Thursday September 24th-2 Mile Intrasquad Friday October 9th-Timed Mile Friday October 23rd-No Spectators
First day of practice: Sports will start on Thursday, September 10th for B day students and Monday, September 14th for A day students.
Practices are held at Middle School East after school until 4:45. Please pick up your child at East by 5:00 each night.
Schedule: The middle school fall activities will mirror the Hybrid academic model and will start on Thursday, September 10th. Students that are coming to school on A days (Monday and Tuesday) will participate on Mondays and Tuesdays. Students who are attending school on B days (Thursdays and Fridays) will participate on those days.
- Students may only participate with their group (A or B)
- Catholic School Students and students that have elected to do full distance learning will be placed into either an A group or B group. This may done to balance numbers.
- The activity fee will be reduced in half from $150 to $75 to reflect this.
Sports Physical: Players need to have a sports physical on file in activities office. Sports physicals are valid for three years. A student with a three-year clearance that expires at any time from March 12, 2020 through the conclusion of the 2020-2021 school year will have the clearance extended through the completion of the 2020-2021 school year. You need to have a sports physical on file in order to register through Affinety in ParentVue.
Registration: Registration will open online on Monday, August 17th. Registration information will be emailed to parents and guardians at that time. The activity fee is $75 for Fall 2020. If your family is on the reduced or free lunch plan, your fee is lower. The system should tell you how much you have to pay according to your lunch account status. If you think there is an error with the fee, please contact the MSE Activities Director at (763) 497-2655 ext. 5. Make sure your child has an active physical on file with the activities office or the system will not allow you to register.
Behavior: As an athlete for Middle School East, our athletes are ambassadors of our school. As an ambassador of our school, we expect our athletes’ behavior to be exceptional. We want our athletes to be positive role models for others to see and follow.
Important Policies to remember:
- Students need to be passing all of their classes to be on the Cross Country team. The MSE Activities Director will check to see if players are passing all of their classes at mid-tri.
- Students need to be in class four full periods of the day in order to practice that night. Students with a doctor’s appointment may be excused from this requirement if they have documentation from the doctor referencing the appointment. Make sure to bring this note from the doctor to MSE attendance secretary Ms. Anderson.
- Your coaches will expect the players to be at practice every day.
- Missed practices may result in reduced playing time.
Clothes: Make sure to have warm clothes in your locker at all times. There will be some very cold days in the fall, dress smart.
- Families complete daily self health checks.
- Staff complete daily self health checks.
- If a student exhibits symptoms, the student will be isolated from the group, and the parent will be notified and asked to pick up the student.
- Face coverings need to be worn unless physically active.
- Students are separated into A/B schedules to limit numbers.
- Students will come to school dressed for your activity when possible.
- Students will not be assigned lockers.
- Students will not re-enter the building after practice. Because of this:
- Students need to bring all of their stuff out to their practice locations.
- Students need their own water bottles.
- Students will be picked up from their practice locations.