2021 Middle School West Golf Information
STMA Middle School Golf Information
Coaches: Mr. Breuer email: firstname.lastname@example.org and Mr. Oseth email: email@example.com
First Day of Practice: Monday, April 19th. Practices take place on Monday through Thursday each week. Practices go from 3:30 - 5pm. All practices and home meets are at Vintage unless weather doesn’t allow it. You will be bussed to Vintage each night on the shuttle bus which will pick you up in the bus parking lot at approximately 3:20. Parents should pick you up each night at Vintage.
Location: Vintage Golf Course
Storage: Students will have access to a storage room at Middle School West to keep their clubs during the school day if they need.
Sports Physical: Players need to have a sports physical on file in activities office. Sports physicals are valid for three years. You need to have a sports physical on file in order to register through SmartSchoolK12 in ParentVue.
Registration: All Middle School sports registration is done online using ParentVue. The fee for Golf is $150.
STMA has a new online registration system, SmartSchoolK12 also known as Affinety. You will need to create a new account and add a funding source before registering. Follow the instructions on the links below. Please follow both sets of instructions to help avoid confusion. Please note, when you register for activities one of the questions asks about online school. In this case, online refers to being enrolled in a fully online school and does not represent distance learning.
Behavior: As an athlete for Middle School West, you are an ambassador of our school. As an ambassador of our school, we expect your behavior to be that of a positive model for others to see and follow.
Important Policies to remember:
- You need to be passing all of your classes to participate in school activities. Mr. Antony will check to see if you are passing all of your classes at mid tri.
- You need to be in class four full periods of the day in order to practice or play in a game that night. If you have a doctor’s appointment, you may be excused from this requirement, but you need to make sure to bring a note to our attendance person from the doctor explaining that the appointment took longer than usual.
- Your coaches will expect you to be at practice every day. Missed practices may result in reduced playing time.
- We will bus you to and from all road games, but you may ride home with your parents after a game rather than ride the bus back to school. You need to have your parent sign out with your coach if you ride home with a parent. If you are planning to ride home with someone else’s parents, your parents need to notify Mr. Antony of this one day in advance.
- Families complete daily self health checks.
- Staff complete daily self health checks.
- If a student exhibits symptoms, the student will be isolated from the group, and the parent will be notified and asked to pick up the student.
- Masks must be worn by all staff and by students when in proximity to others.
- Students are separated into pods of no larger than 50.
- Students will come to school dressed for your activity when possible.
- Students will have limited access to locker rooms but will not be assigned lockers.
- Students need to bring all of their stuff out to their practice locations.
- Students need their own water bottles labeled with their names.
Clothes: Make sure to have warm clothes with you at all times. There will be some very cold days in the spring, so dress appropriately.