8th Grade Coaches
Coach: Ryan Hagerty
Coach: Joe Hagerty
7th Grade Coach
Coach: Jason Johnson
Coach: Jerremiah Johnson
2021 Middle School West Baseball Information
First Day of Practice: Monday, April 19th. Practices take place on Monday through Thursday each week. Practices go from 3:15pm - 5pm. Parents should pick up their children each night at MSW fields no later than 5:15pm.
Location: Middle School West Ball Fields
Equipment storage room: There will be access to equipment storage to put baseball bags for the school day.
Sports Physical: Players need to have a sports physical on file in activities office. Sports physicals are valid for three years. You need to have a sports physical on file in order to register through SmartSchoolK12 in ParentVue.
Registration: All Middle School sports registration is done online using ParentVue. The fee for Baseball is $150.
STMA has a new online registration system, SmartSchoolK12 also known as Affinety. You will need to create a new account and add a funding source before registering. Follow the instructions on the links below. Please follow both sets of instructions to help avoid confusion. Please note, when you register for activities one of the questions asks about online school. In this case, online refers to being enrolled in a fully online school and does not represent distance learning.
Behavior: As an athlete for Middle School West, you are an ambassador of our school. As an ambassador of our school, we expect your behavior to be that of a positive model for others to see and follow.
Important Policies to remember:
- You need to be passing all of your classes to participate in school activities. Mr. Antony will check to see if you are passing all of your classes at mid tri.
- You need to be in class four full periods of the day in order to practice or play in a game that night. If you have a doctor’s appointment, you may be excused from this requirement, but you need to make sure to bring a note to our attendance person from the doctor explaining that the appointment took longer than usual.
- Your coaches will expect you to be at practice every day. Missed practices may result in reduced playing time.
- We will bus you to and from all road games, but you may ride home with your parents after a game rather than ride the bus back to school. You need to have your parent sign out with your coach if you ride home with a parent. If you are planning to ride home with someone else’s parents, your parents need to notify Mr. Antony of this one day in advance.
- Families complete daily self health checks.
- Staff complete daily self health checks.
- If a student exhibits symptoms, the student will be isolated from the group, and the parent will be notified and asked to pick up the student.
- Face covering guidelines for spring sports are yet to come
- Students are separated into pods of no larger than 50.
- Masks will be worn at all times including practices and games.
- Students will come to school dressed for your activity when possible.
- Students will have limited access to locker rooms but will not be assigned lockers.
- Students need to bring all of their stuff out to their practice locations.
- Students need their own water bottles labeled with their names.
Clothes: Make sure to have warm clothes with you at all times. There will be some very cold days in the spring, so dress appropriately.