STMA Driver Education classes are held four times during the year:
Summer (4 classes), Fall, Winter, and Spring
STMA Driver Education Information and Classroom Policies (In Person Class):
Driver Education class is held at St. Michael-Albertville High School in room 2247 (Enter Door A). Students must be promptly picked up at completion of the class by Door “A” at the STMA High School.
No one is allowed to miss the 1st day of class or the Mandatory Parent/Student Meeting (if one was held).
1) PERFECT ATTENDANCE IS EXPECTED! If a student must miss a class he/she must have PRIOR APPROVAL from the instructor. If a class is missed a make-up class is required. Refer to your class schedule for Make-Up/Tardy Class.
2) Student who has two or three tardies requires one hour of make-up time, four or five tardies requires two hours of make-up time. Refer to your class schedule for the Make-Up/Tardy Class date.
- State Law for students under 18 years of age must be in attendance for 30 hours of classroom instruction.
- Because there is only one 4 hour make-up session, students needing more than four hours of make-up time will be WITHDRAWN and must REPEAT ALL 30 hours of the classroom instruction.
3) Students are provided with a Drive Right hardcover book, workbook, manual, and other materials on the first day of class. These should be brought to every class session. NOTE: The Drive Right hardcover book is turned in on the last day of class.
4) Students who are 15 years of age or older during the class will receive their Blue Card at the end of the class. The Blue Card allows students to take the permit test. Students that turn 15 after the completion of this class, will pick up their Blue Card on or after their 15th birthday at the Community Education Office.
5) A Parent/Student Meeting is scheduled during the Driver Education class, refer to class schedule for date and time.
- If you and your student attend the Parent/Student Meeting, your student will complete 40 logged hours of driving time and a "Supplemental Parental Course Certificate of Completion" (Certificate of Completion) will be issued signifying your attendance at the meeting.
NOTE: The Certificate of Completion is held at the Community Education Office until students complete all of their behind the wheel training. Upon completion, student comes to Community Education Office (bring Minnesota Permit), to pick up their White Card and Certificate of Completion.
- If you choose not to attend the meeting your student will need to compelte 50 logged hours of driving.
Community Education Office: 60 Central Ave. W, St. Michael, MN 55376
Any questions about Driver Educaiton please phone: 763-497-6550
After students pass the Knowledge (Permit) Test, email Connie Peters, Behind the Wheel Scheduler, at email@example.com, to schedule Behind the Wheel hours.