ADDRESS CHANGES for Currently Enrolled Students
Please download and complete this fillable ADDRESS CHANGE FORM and submit to email@example.com OR print, complete and drop off at any school building or the district office. A new proof of residency is REQUIRED to be submitted as well (copy of utility bill, lease/mortgage agreement, driver's license etc.). If your address change puts you outside of the STMA district boundaries, please complete and submit an Enrollment Options Applciation for open enrollment status. If your move changes your neighborhood school boundaries within the STMA district, and you wish to remain at the current school(s) enrolled in, please complete and submit an Alternate School Attendance form. Visit the Enrollment pages of the STMA website for more information, or contact Sunday Kloncz at 763.497.3180 x5152 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ALTERNATE SCHOOL ATTENDANCE
All STMA students, including open enrolled students, are automatically assigned to the school that serves their home address. The School Board Policy 552 "Alternate School Attendance" allows families to apply for a transfer to an alternate school provided qualifying conditions are met. The parent/guardian must also provide or arrange transportation to the alternate school.
Alternate School Attendance is subject to available space and limited to ensure enrollment balance among our schools. Placement of your student in an alternative school is not guaranteed. One application per student per school year will be accepted.
Once a student is accepted for an alternate school transfer in elementary school, s/he must return to his/her original assigned attendance area for the middle school level. However, the student may once again apply for an alternate attendance school, if the family meets the eligibility requirements.
Parents/guardians may choose to return a child(ren) to the school in the assigned boundary attendance area after notification to the principal of the child(ren)’s current school.
Siblings ARE NOT guaranteed approval to an assigned alternate attendance school under this policy.
This policy does not apply to non-public and homeschool students who elect to participate only in the middle school activity program.
Transfers may be revoked for tardies and absences due to transportation. Transfers may be also revoked when the school board determines it is necessary to change school boundary areas as well as discontinue the ASA policy on a temporary basis based upon economically and educationally sound staffing arrangements.
Students are eligible to apply for ASA if one of the following qualifying conditions is met:
- Parent/guardian is deployed for a military assignment and requests to have a child continue to attend the current neighborhood school.
- Parent/guardian moves from the assigned boundary attendance area where the child is attending school and requests to have a child continue to attend the neighborhood school.
- Parent/guardian requests to have a child first through fifth grade attend an alternative assigned school because childcare is located in another attendance area.
- Parent/guardian is an employee of the school district and requests to have a child attend the school where the employee is employed.
- Siblings of students who are assigned to an alternative attendance school because of educational programs.
ASA applications are accepted November 1 through February 10. Parents/guardians will receive an email or letter sent via USPS from the enrollment coordinator noting receipt of an application and outlining the procedure and timeline.
For applications submitted prior to the February 10 deadline, parents/guardians will be notified of decisions via email or letter via USPS by April 1. Parents/guardians must confirm commitment via email notification to Sunday Kloncz at email@example.com or by written notification via USPS by April 15. The ASA application will be revoked if the confirmation is not received by email or USPS to the enrollment coordinator by April 15.
Applications received on or after February 11 will be reviewed on an individual basis after staffing for the schools has been determined. These applications will be date stamped and prioritized in the order they are received and the eligibility criteria documented. An email or letter sent via USPS will be sent to the parents noting the receipt of an application and outline the procedure and timeline.
If a student’s boundary area changes during the school year due to a family move from one attendance area to another, the student will be permitted to stay at his/her elementary or middle school for the remainder of the school year. The parents/guardians must complete the ASA application and provide or arrange transportation for the student to continue attending the alternate school.
Steps to Apply for Alternate School Attendance
- Complete the fillable ALTERNATE SCHOOL ATTENDANCE FORM, save the PDF, OR print it, then send it to the STMA District Office via e-mail, fax, or drop off in person.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 763-497-3180
- USPS/In-Person: 11343 50th Street NE, Albertville, MN 55301 (enter via door A)
- Parents/guardians will receive an email or letter via USPS from the enrollment coordinator noting the receipt of the application and outlining the procedure and timeline.
- If approved and childcare is located within the same attendance boundary of the school, the parents/guardians must contact Don’s Bus Company (763-497-2585) to arrange transportation.
When the number of available spaces at the requested school is less than the number of requests, applicants will be chosen by random selection with preference in the following order:
- Siblings of a student whose parents/guardians are residents of the district.
- Siblings of a student whose parents/guardians are non-residents of the district.
- Students of resident parents/guardians who are employees of the district.
- Students of non-resident parents/guardians who are employees of the district
- Students of resident parents/guardians whose child care is located in another attendance area.
- Students of non-resident parents/guardians whose child care is located in another attendance area.
The superintendent’s decision is final and appeals will not be heard by the school board.
For additional information, please see the Alternate School Attendance page on our website or contact Sunday Kloncz at 763-497-3180 or email@example.com.