BRIGHT BEGINNINGS OPEN HOUSE will be held
Tuesday, September 3 and Wednesday, September 4.
The following sessions are still available for registration:
SESSION 3, M-F (7:45-10:15) AGES 4/5
SESSION 5, M/W (11:30-2) AGES 4/5
Students attending Albertville Primary sessions,
please read below.
BRIGHT BEGINNINGS SUPPLY LIST
8 pack Crayola washable markers
1 set of Crayola watercolors
3 LARGE glue sticks
1 box kleenex
Change of clothes in plastic bag in case of accidents
*Classroom teachers may have wish lists posted in rooms.
We Are A School Readiness Program!
Our primary goal is to provide a positive learning experience for your child in an environment that inspires exploration, experimentation, and discovery. We believe a good self-image is vital to our child's development, growth, and independence. We will encourage your child to acquire self-help skills, make choices, and interact in a positive manner with his/her peers as well as be prepared for kindergarten in the STMA School District.
Students attending Community Education sessions,
please read below.
Familiarization with school routines including separation, transitions, and turn-taking
Develop social/emotional skills with peer interaction, adult guidance, and independence,
Foster a love of learning through play-based learning activities and beginning concepts.
Four/ Five-Year-Old Classes:
Cooperative group interactions, turn-taking, independence and socialization skills.
Literacy preparation including letter/sound recognition, reading, listening, and questioning.
Pre-math skills of sorting, patterning, counting, and quantifying objects.
Fine motor practice including name writing and scissor skills.
A solid foundation of skills to prepare children for kindergarten.
Children must be 3 or 4 years old on/before Sept. 1.
There will be no exceptions to this date.
Five-year-olds are welcome if not yet enrolled in Kindergarten.
All children must be completely toilet trained and have independent bathroom skills.
Welcome to Bright Beginnings Preschool
Bright Beginnings Preschool has served the STMA area for 30 years.
- Our program provides a high-quality staff, content-rich curriculum, and specialized learning across all developmental areas.
- Lead teachers in each of our classrooms maintain an Early Childhood MN teaching license and regularly participates in continuing education classes.
- Our classroom size does not exceed 20 students and a paraprofessional is also within the classroom at all times.
- Bright Beginnings is a Parent Aware 4 star rated program. Our program is committed to using best practices in assessment, individualized instruction, and family connections.
- We are a school readiness program that prepares children for success in kindergarten.
- Our Bright Beginnings staff provides a caring and creative environment where kids can learn and grow at their own pace.
- Large motor time is encouraged daily within the gymnasium or outdoor playground.
- Beside utilizing our imaginative and resourceful staff, Creative Curriculum, Letter of the week and Handwriting without Tears are the curriculums of choice.
- Parent-Teacher conferences are held twice a year to update and communicate children’s progress.
- Routine drills are conducted throughout the year, including fire, tornado, and lock-down procedures.