Standardized Assessments are tests that are given outside of the curriculum and instruction process. They are typically purchased from a test vendor and provide normative comparisons at the national or state level. The timing of the administration of assessments is more closely related to the school year calendar and program decision-making timelines, than to the pacing of the curriculum and instruction in the classroom. They are used to measure student progress toward meeting grade-level standards, predict performance on state accountability tests, triangulate data for program decisions, screen students for remediation or enrichment, and identify relative strengths and weaknesses in district curriculum and instruction practices to inform professional development and curriculum resource decisions.
We administer several standardized assessments to monitor student academic achievement, academic growth and preparedness for college and career goals. They fall into three categories.
- State Accountability Tests: These tests are mandated by the state and are used to measure student attainment of Minnesota Grade Level Standards, school/district effectiveness and student readiness for MN State College and University courses.
- District Standardized Tests - These tests are purchased by the district and administered to inform educational programming and instructional decision-making.
- National College and Career Readiness Tests - These tests inform students, parents and staff on student progress toward national college and career readiness standards.
- Minnesota Comprehensive Assessments (MCA)
- Minnesota Test of Academic Skills (MTAS)
- ACCESS for ELs (ACCESS)
District-Wide Formative Assessments
- FastBridge screener aReading and aMath
- Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT)
- Measures of Academic Progress (NWEA-MAP) in Reading and Mathematics
National College and Career Readiness Exams
- ACT plus Writing
- Advanced Placement (AP) Subject Tests
Below is a list of district standardized assessments. Click on the assessment below to view more details about the administration.
For specific testing dates, please go to the Assessments Calendars page.