STMA Strategic Plan
STMA drafted a new strategic plan in the summer and fall of 2016. The strategic plan is a concise document that provides directional clarity to the district and community and guides the work of the district for the three to four years. The strategic plan consists of:
Mission Statement: a short and powerful statement that describes the purpose of the district.
Vision: an articulation of what the district desires to be like in the next three to four years.
Strategic Directions: high-level statements that articulate the actions the district will take to bring it from its current state to the future state described by the vision.
Operational Plan: key initiatives aligned to strategic directions to help the district achieve its vision.
Evaluation Plan: measures aligned to strategic directions that assess the district's progress in achieving its vision.
The process of updating the district’s current strategic roadmap had many opportunities for various stakeholders to provide input during various listening sessions. The information gathered from the listening sessions was used by the core design team and school board to draft a new strategic plan. The plan was approved by the school board on December 5, 2016. Click here to view the strategic plan.
Progress & Scorecard
STMA will be the pride of our community, with continued top rankings in academics, arts, activities, athletics, and resource management.
The mission of District 885 is to provide a safe educational environment where students are encouraged to develop lifelong learning skills which nurture positive attitudes and self-worth.
This will be accomplished when all graduates function as:
- Self-directed Learners who set goals and who develop and manage a process for achieving these goals
- Purposeful Thinkers who think critically and creatively and who use inquiry and problem-solving skills
- Effective Communicators who read, write and speak English fluently, who work well independently and in groups and who use the tools of technology to access, process, and communicate information
- Responsible Citizens who show respect for themselves and others
To achieve its Mission and attain its Vision, District 885 will:
- Engage in the continuous improvement of teaching and learning
- Engage in the continuous improvement of student support systems and programs
- Align people and organizational resources to sustain district success
- Cultivate family and community connections and increase advocacy in support of the district mission