School Board Election Information
2018 STMA School Board Candidates
The school board of St. Michael-Albertville Public Schools has six members who are elected at large to four-year terms. Elections for school board members are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November in even-numbered years. The next scheduled election for school board members is November 3, 2020.
Affidavits of Candidacy are available from the District Office, 11343 50th Street NE, Albertville, Minnesota, Middle School West (Door A). Election materials can also be found under "Candidate Forms" below.
The filing fee for this office is $2.00. A candidate for the school board must not have any other affidavit on file for any other elected office during the same general election.
A candidate for the school board must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be eligible to vote
- Will be at least 21 years old on assuming office
- Will have been a resident of the school district for 30 days prior to the election
- Is not registered as a convicted sex offender (a sex offender who has been convicted of an offense for which registration is required under MS.243.166 is ineligible to become a candidate. MS.204B.06, subd. 1; 205A.06, subd. 1b)
Individuals must meet the following requirements to vote in a school board or General Election:
- Be at least 18 years old on election day
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of Minnesota for 20 days immediately preceding Election Day
- Finished with all parts of any felony sentence
- You can vote while under guardianship unless a judge specifically has revoked your right to vote
- You cannot vote if a court has ruled that you are legally incompetent
For more candidate resources, please visit the Minnesota Secretary of State website.