School Board Election Information
2020 STMA School Board Candidate Materials
The school board of St. Michael-Albertville Public Schools has six members who are elected at large to four-year terms. Elections for school board members are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November in even-numbered years. The next scheduled election for school board members is November 3, 2020.
Affidavits of Candidacy were available from the District Office, 11343 50th Street NE, Albertville, Minnesota, Middle School West (Door A) during the filing period of July 28 - August 11, 2020.
Individuals must meet the following requirements to vote in a school board or General Election:
- Be at least 18 years old on election day
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of Minnesota for 20 days immediately preceding Election Day
- Finished with all parts of any felony sentence
- You can vote while under guardianship unless a judge specifically has revoked your right to vote
- You cannot vote if a court has ruled that you are legally incompetent
For more candidate resources, please visit the Minnesota Secretary of State website.A recording of MSBA’s Running for School Board Webinar can now be accessed on YouTube at: https://youtu.be/BhUZMzM2VmoThe webinar covers basics such as how to file for the board, reasons to serve on the board — and reasons not to serve on a board, job duties of school boards, and how boards function as a team.