Graduation will be Friday, June 5, 2020
The graduation ceremony is at 7:00 PM on Friday, June 5, 2020.
It’s located in the gym at the High School. Doors open at (to be determined). Length is approximately 90 minutes. Parents will receive email communications about graduation. Please ensure your email address is correct in ParentVue.
Graduation Fee and Deadline
The school collects the cap and gown fee ($25) through your FeePay account. Cash or check payments can be given to staff members in the main office. The payment deadline is two weeks before the ceremony. Contact Anne Zahler at email@example.com with any questions related to fees.
Cap and Gown Distribution
Each graduate can pick up their cap, gown, and tassel over the lunch hour in the cafeteria (11:00-1:00).
Herff-Jones visits the school in December with product information such as announcements, class rings, etc. Each graduate may shop and purchase items online at mygradshop.com. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Watch announcements for details.
Graduates will receive their diploma after the ceremony. Diplomas will not be distributed to graduates with outstanding obligations/fines, etc.
Graduates who will not be attending the ceremony should contact your Guidance Counselor at 763-497-6525.
Ceremony Tickets and Distribution
Ticket distribution information will be posted at a later date.
The Performing Arts Center (PAC) will live stream the ceremony and additional guests are welcome to view the program there on a first come, first serve basis until we reach capacity. No ticket needed.
Community Service Hours
Community service forms for all seniors are due mid-May. Graduates risk the privilege of picking up their diploma after the graduation ceremony if forms received after this date.
If you or a friend/family member uses a wheelchair or other mobility-assistive device, you will be able to request accommodations starting mid-May. Please email Colleen Harrington or call Colleen at the number below regarding your needs.
Need further assistance? Please call Colleen Harrington at 763-497-2192.
On Friday, June 5th, at 9:45 AM, there will be a mandatory graduation rehearsal in the high school gymnasium. All seniors are expected to participate in this rehearsal to ensure a well-prepared ceremony that evening. As outlined in the student handbook, “Participation in the commencement ceremony is a privilege, not a right. Students must be in good standing upon completion of the school year to participate in the commencement ceremony.”
Graduation Commencement - Student Information
1. Arrive by 6:15 p.m. – Please park in the parking lot by door “C” for tonight's ceremony and we encourage parents to pick up vehicles following the ceremony.
2. 6:20 p.m. – Doors open for family and friends seating.
3. 6:35 p.m. – Graduates please be in your rows in the Activity Center for final instructions.
4. You will be lead into the gym for the 7:00 p.m. processional. You must walk quietly to the gymnasium, two lines side by side
5. Graduates are expected to be dressed appropriately for commencement. Graduation at STMA is a formal event. Boys are asked to wear a shirt, (a tie looks good) dress slacks, and dress shoes with their gown. Girls are asked to wear dress shoes (no flip-flops) with their gown. No sunglasses allowed. Do not decorate your cap.
6. This is the largest public ceremony of the school year and possibly your school years. Please be mindful of the formal occasion. Your conduct is important, and your community is a part of this event.
7. Handicapped seating will be available. Handicapped guests should park and enter door “C”. Tickets are required for admission to the commencement ceremony.
8. The tassel is worn draped over the right front quarter of the cap. During the tassel ceremony, the tassel is moved to the left front quarter of the cap. Senior class student council members will conduct the tassel ceremony. All graduates will recess together. Please note: Teachers will lead the processional.
9. You may keep your gown, hat, tassel & honor chord.
10. Your diploma will be issued from the west end of the cafeteria with the understanding that all fines and other obligations are resolved before your diploma will be issued.
11. NHS stoles (for NHS members) must be returned to the west end of the cafeteria in order to receive your diploma.
12. Iron Gown
If your student’s lunch account balance is in the negative please make sure you have your account paid up before graduation.
If on the last day of school your senior still has a balance in their lunch account, they can take care of it during their lunch period on the last day in one of the following ways:
1. If you have more than one student in the district your senior can request funds to be transferred from their account to a sibling.
2. If your student has $10 or less in their lunch account on the last day of school they can request a cash refund during their lunch period.
3. If your student has more than $10.00 in their lunch account they can request a refund check (these will be mailed out this summer).
4. You can donate your balance to our Angel Fund. The Angel Fund has been set up to help families purchase lunches when the need arises. Please contact Kimberly Ronning if you would like your senior’s lunch account balance to be donated to the angel fund.
If you have any questions in regard to your student’s lunch account please email Kimberly Ronning or call 763-497-3180 ext. 94370.
All Night Grad Party
The All Night Grad Party will be Friday, June 5, 2020, at the River City Extreme in Monticello. The cost is $75 until 12/31, $100 until 5/1, and $125 after that. Students will depart immediately following the graduation ceremony and return to the High School between 4:00 and 4:30 AM on Saturday morning, June 6, 2020.
Online registration is now open!
STMA 2020 All Night Grad Party Registration, Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 9:00 PM | Eventbrite
Eventbrite - STMA All Night Grad Party Committee presents STMA 2020 All Night Grad Party - Friday, June 5, 2020 - Saturday, June 6, 2020 at River City Extreme, Monticello, MN.Use this link to register and pay by check. Please put student's name in the memo line of your check and drop off at HS office, or mail to: P.O. Box 1, St. Micheal, MN 55376Contact STMA2020gradparty@gmail.com with any additional questions.