The mission of District 885 is to provide a safe educational environment where students are encouraged to develop lifelong learning skills which nurture positive attitudes and self worth.
This will be accomplished when all graduates function as:
- Self-directed Learners who set goals and who develop and manage a process for achieving these goals
- Purposeful Thinkers who think critically and creatively and who use inquiry and problem solving skills
- Effective Communicators who read, write and speak English fluently, who work well independently and in groups and who use the tools of technology to access, process, and communicate information
- Responsible Citizens who show respect for themselves and others
Independent School District 885 will, by 2016, consistently achieve academic rankings in the top 15% of all Minnesota public school districts. By increasing academic achievement for all students while maintaining sound fiscal practices, the School District will continue to be the pride and center of the community.
To achieve its Mission and attain its Vision, District 885 will:
- Personalize instruction to maximize learning growth and proficiency achievement for all students by increasing the use of multiple measures of educational data and identifying each student's needs
- Hire, retain and develop high-performing staff capable of delivering outstanding education
- Continue to improve communications and accountability among teachers, students and families
- Increase reciprocal community partnerships by utilizing the knowledge and experiences of community members, exposing students to real world experiences, and strengthening the connection between school and community
- Prioritize expenditures to efficiently allocate resources to programs and instruction essential to improving student achievement
STMA Mission Vision Poster
STMA Strategic Roadmap 2012-2016