Graduation will be Friday, June 1, 2018!
The graduation ceremony is at 7:00 PM on Friday, June 1, 2018.
It’s located in the gym at the High School. Doors open at 6:30 PM (Door A) for all guests and 6:15 PM (Door C) for those who need mobility assistance. Length is approximately 90 minutes. Parents will receive email communications about graduation. Please ensure your email address is correct in ParentVue.
Graduation Fee and Deadline: The school collects the cap and gown fee ($25) through your FeePay account. Cash or check payments can be given to staff members in the main office. The payment deadline is two weeks before the ceremony. Contact Anne Zahler at Annez@stma.k12.mn.us with any questions related to fees.
Cap and Gown Distribution: Each graduate can pick up their cap, gown, and tassel on Wednesday, May 16th over the lunch hour in the cafeteria (11:00-1:00). Those not able to pick up their cap/gown during this time may pick their package up in the main office after May 16th, but not prior to.
(Note: all cap/gown information was collected last fall and we have 99% of all student information including PSEO students). You will be contacted if we need information.
Product Information: Herff-Jones visited the school over the lunch hour in November with product information such as announcements, class rings, etc. Each graduate may shop and purchase items online at: mygradshop.com. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Diploma: Graduates will receive their diploma after the ceremony. Diplomas will not be distributed to graduates with outstanding obligations/fines, etc.
Ceremony Attendance: Graduates who will not be attending the ceremony should contact your Guidance Counselor at 763-497-6525.
Ceremony Tickets and Distribution: Graduates will receive 5 tickets at no charge for each family, and will be available to pick up on May 16th during lunch hour (11:00-1:00) along with their cap, gown, and tassel (students will be notified about distribution in advance).
If you would like more tickets, please connect with other families to see if any extras are available for you to use.
The Performing Arts Center (PAC) will live stream the ceremony and additional guests are welcome to view the program there on a first come, first serve basis until we reach capacity. No ticket needed.
Community Service Hours: Community service forms for all seniors are due May 16th. Graduates risk the privlidge of picking up their diploma after the graduation ceremony if forms received after this date.
Disability Accessibility: If you or a friend/family member uses a wheelchair or other mobility-assistive device, you will be able to request accommodations starting May 14th. Please email Brian Benson - email@example.com or call Brian at the number below regarding your needs.
Need further assistance? Please call Brian Benson at 763-497-6954.
On Friday, June 1st, at 9:45 AM, there will be a mandatory graduation rehearsal in the high school gymnasium. All seniors are expected to participate in this rehearsal to ensure a well prepared ceremony that evening. As outlined in the student handbook, “Participation in the commencement ceremony is a privilege, not a right. Students must be in good standing upon completion of the school year to participate in the commencement ceremony.”
GRADUATION COMMENCEMENT - STUDENT INFORMATION
1. Arrive by 6:15 p.m. – Please park in the parking lot by door “C” for tonight's ceremony and we encourage parents to pick up vehicles following the ceremony.
2. 6:20 p.m. – Doors open for family and friends seating.
3. 6:35 p.m. – Graduates please be in your rows in the Activity Center for final instructions.
4. You will be lead into the gym for the 7:00 p.m. processional. You must walk quietly to the gymnasium, two lines side by side
5. Graduates are expected to be dressed appropriately for commencement. Graduation at STMA is a formal event. Boys are asked to wear a shirt, (a tie looks good) dress slacks, and dress shoes with their gown. Girls are asked to wear dress shoes (no flip flops) with their gown. No sunglasses allowed. Do not decorate your cap.
6. This is the largest public ceremony of the school year and possibly your school years. Please be mindful of the formal occasion. Your conduct is important, and your community is a part of this event.
7. Handicapped seating will be available. Handicapped guests should park and enter door “C”. Tickets are required for admission to the commencement ceremony.
8. The tassel is worn draped over the right front quarter of the cap. During the tassel ceremony, the tassel is moved to the left front quarter of the cap. Senior class student council members will conduct the tassel ceremony. All graduates will recess together. Please note: Teachers will lead the processional.
9. You may keep your gown, hat, tassel & honor chord.
10. Your diploma will be issued from the west end of cafeteria with the understanding that all fines and other obligations are resolved before your diploma will be issued.
11. NHS stoles (for NHS members) must be returned to the west end of cafeteria in order to receive diploma.
12. Iron Gown
If your student’s lunch account balance is in the negative please make sure you have your account paid up before graduation.
If on the last day of school your senior still has a balance in their lunch account, they can take care of it during their lunch period on the last day in one of the following ways:
1. If you have more than one student in the district your senior can request funds to be transferred from their account to a sibling.
2. If your student has $10 or less in their lunch account on the last day of school they can request a cash refund during their lunch period.
3. If your student has more than $10.00 in their lunch account they can request a refund check (these will be mailed out this summer).
4. You can donate your balance to our Angel fund. The Angel Fund has been set up to help families purchase lunches when the need arises. Please contact Kimberly Ronning if you would like your senior’s lunch account balance be donated to the angel fund.
If you have any questions in regard to your student’s lunch account please call Kimberly Ronning at 763-497-3180 ext. 94370 or email Kimberly at Kimberlyr@stma.k12.mn.us
Graduation will be Friday, June 1, 2018!
All Night Grad Party
Please see the webpage for the All Night Grad Party.
There will be a senior class assembly on Tuesday, 11/14/17 during SNAP in the Performing Arts Center. The Herff-Jones representative will inform seniors regarding the cap & gown ordering process and other graduations accessories.
The Senior class picture will be taken Friday, September 22, 2017, at 9:45 AM.
Senior and baby photos must be electronically emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 20, 2017 including the name of the student. Please include in the subject line “Student name senior/baby photo”. Please attach the best quality photograph possible. If you are unable to submit your photos electronically, we have the resources in the media center before, during and after school to be able to scan in photos.
Seniors, please note:
Senior yearbook portrait guidelines: If you plan on taking pictures outdoors, please be aware that we require a head and shoulder posed shot, so please be conscious of the backdrop. Please do not send in a full body photo, Yearbook reserves the right to crop the photo into a head and shoulder shot. Absolutely no hats or sunglasses photos will be accepted. If you have any questions concerning senior pictures, please contact our yearbook advisor, Katie Sebens at: email@example.com. Seniors, for your convenience, on kick-off day, there will be a "senior photo station" set up to take a formal headshot for the yearbook at no charge!