Benchmark Literacy Links:
NWEA Testing Practice:
Tech Integration Links
iPads in the Classroom
Racism Resources for the Classroom
- Amnesty International offersaccess to school resources and downloadable teaching packs. Appropriate for all ages.
- Teaching Tolerance has a plethora of anti racism and diversity resources. There are links to free teacher resources, lesson plans, and more. Sign up at this site for their free magazine. Appropriate for all ages.
- links to awareness activities for the classroom
- Links to elementary diversity and anti-racism activities.
Teach Peace Now
- Teach Peace Now has links to books, lesson ideas, and parent resources.
Multicultural Book Links
- This site contains lists and descriptions of multicultural books
Anti Defamation League
Multicultural, Cross Cultural, and Intercultural Games
50 Multicultural Books Every Child Should Know
How to choose the best Multicultural book
Content-Area Reading Web Resources
(compiled by Educational Leadership and Bill McBride, national trainer for CAR)
Content Reading Strategies, including links for effective teaching strategies, graphic organizers for CAR, concept mapping, anticipation guides and much: http://curry.edschool.virginia.edu/centers/clic/instructional_strategies_resources.html#comprehension
Games for building vocabulary: http://isb.sccoe.org/WritersWorkshop/vocabGames/index.htm
How to Boost Your Students' Understanding of Your Content Area: Be a Reading Teacher! (an excellent site full of links to other valuable content-reading sites): http://www.gaillovely.com/Teach%20Reading%20in%20the%20Content%20Areas.htm
IRA’s link to recommended content-reading websites: http://www.content-reading.org/ResourcePage.htm#websites
Reading Strategies that assist content area reading (filled with practical ideas): http://www.sarasota.k12.fl.us/sarasota/interdiscrdg.htm