2017-2018 Kindergarten Registration
***To register for the current 2016-2017 School Year please
contact the Primary office at 763-497-2688.**
Welcome to the St. Michael-Albertville School district where we honor tradition, inspire excellence, and shape the future! We are happy to include your family as part of our school community and hope to make your transition as easy as possible. We look forward to partnering with you to make your child’s kindergarten year an exciting learning experience.
Please read below for a general overview about the registration process. Detailed information will be mailed to families with an age-eligible child in early February. If you have an age-eligible child and do not receive a letter by mid-February, please contact us.
To enter kindergarten, your child must be five (5) years old on or before Sept. 1, 2017
Registration occurs in a two-step process:
Online Registration (by March 3, 2017).
We offer access to computers during registration days in the media center. Trained staff will be on-hand to provide assistance.
If you prefer to complete a paper copy of the registration please call 763-497-2688.
2. Attend Kindergarten Registration Night on February 9, 2017 from 4:00-7:00 p.m. During Kindergarten Registration Night, you can turn in required documents/forms, learn about the kindergarten program, and take an optional tour. This is for parents only.
Kindergarten Registration Timeline
February: Receive Kindergarten Registration Letter in the Mail. If you do not receive the registration letter by the end of the first week of February, please contact our office at Albertville Primary 763-497-2688 ext 1001
Early February: Complete Registration Forms.
- Online Forms are available on the Primary School website after Feb. 1, 2017.
- Paper Forms are available by calling 763-497-2688.
Online Registration begins February 1, 2017. Click here to begin your child's online registration.
February 9, 2017: Attend Kindergarten Registration Night. Attend Kindergarten Registration Night on February 9, 2017 from 4:00-7:00 p.m. During Kindergarten Registration Night, you can turn in required documents/forms (see list below), learn about the kindergarten program, and take an optional tour. This is for parents only.
March 3, 2017: Deadline for Completing Registration Forms & Submitting Other Required Forms/Documents (see list below)
- Proof of Residency Document (see checklist on form for more info)
- Birth Certificate (official, legal)
- Health (History & Physical Exam) Form*
- Student Immunization Form*
- Custody Papers, if applicable
- IEP copy, if applicable
*Health & Immunization forms can be turned in at a later time prior to Aug. 11, 2017.
May 11, 2017: Kindergarten Open House. Parents are encouraged to attend this event along with their soon-to-be kindergarten student. Open House is on May 11, 2017, from 4:30-6:30 p.m. The purpose of this open house is to acclimate kindergarten students to the Primary School. Self-guided tours will be available during this building walk-through. Don’s Bus will have a bus on site for students to get on and check out. In addition, the Parents of Primaries (POPs) group will host an ice cream social.
August 2017: Ready, Set, Go!
- Teacher assignment letters are mailed the first week of August.
- A kindergarten supply list is mailed with the teacher assignment letter.
- Don’s Bus mails letters with pick-up and drop-off times.
- Information and log-in information on ParentVue (parent portal) and SchoolBucks (online lunch payment service) is mailed in August.
September 5, 2017: Kindergarten Orientation. Kindergarten orientation is for students and parents on September 5, 2017. Parents and their child will have the opportunity to find their classroom, meet their teacher, become familiar with their new school surroundings, review the student-parent handbook, and check-in their supplies. Parents accompany their child to school on orientation day. Orientation lasts approximately one hour. Orientation times and teacher assignments will be mailed to parents in early August.
September 6, 2017: First Day of Kindergarten. Welcome Class of 2030!
Before the First Day of Kindergarten:
- Make sure your child’s immunizations are up-to-date or waivers are signed. If you haven’t done so already, submit the Student Immunization Form.
- Make sure your child has had a physical. If you haven’t done so already, submit the Health (History & Physical Exam) Form
- These forms must be submitted before your child will be allowed to attend school.
Helpful Information for Kindergartners:
- General FAQ
- Registration FAQ
- Transportation FAQ
- Health FAQ
- Food & Nutrition FAQ
- Save These Dates ( Orientation & Open House)
- Kindergarten Readiness
2017-2018 Kindergarten Registration Timeline Brochure
To download a printable brochure of the kindergarten registration timeline, click here.