School Board Highlights
The St. Michael-Albertville School board is a policy-making body responsible for selecting the superintendent and overseeing the district's budget, curriculum, personnel and facilities. The school board is granted authority to carry out these duties by the State of Minnesota and the Minnesota Legislature. The board provides leadership to the community on behalf of the district.
Capital Projects Bond Referendum
The School Board employed a comprehensive process in determining if they would seek a bond referendum. They established a Capital Projects Improvement Advisory Task Force to review and prioritize district capital needs that address safety and security, building and grounds maintenance and repairs, energy efficiency and technology. In addition, the School Board accepted recommendations from the task force on athletic facility needs. The School Board considered the recommendations of the task force and at the same time reviewed projected enrollment and the need for additional classrooms at Albertville Primary and the STMA High School. A listening session was held on Monday, August 22, 2016, to provide information and gather stakeholder feedback. See below for more information on the process.
Documentation listed below was used by the School Board and Task Force as they considered projects for the STMA Bond.
- Capital Projects Task Force meeting minutes -- May 11, 2016
- Capital Projects Task Force meeting minutes --- May 23, 2016
- Capital Projects Task Force meeting minutes -- June 8, 2016
- Capital Projects Task Force meeting minutes -- July 14, 2016
- Capital Projects Task Force recommendations for prioritized capital needs
- Task Force Possible Projects for Consideration
- Design options and estimated costs for an all-purpose sports facility located at the high school
- Projects for Consideration by the Board 9-19-2016 Work Session
- Capital Projects Task Force Presentation and Listening Session -- August 22, 2016
- Feasibility Study