STMA Students' Reading Scores Rank in the Top 17% of the State!!
Based on the 2012 Minnesota Comprehensive Assessments (MCAs), STMA students' reading scores ranked in the top 17% of the state, with 4 grade/subject groups cracking the top 15%!!
Assessment Program Objectives
- To measure the effectiveness of the district's curriculum in instructing toward the academic standards.
- To ensure that all St. Michael-Albertville students leave high school with sound college and career readiness skills.
- To have data regarding student achievement readily available for use by appropriate personnel.
- To assess new students quickly and efficiently to ensure appropriate placement.
- To adhere to state and federal regulations and requirements.
Test results can be used in a variety of ways including
- Flexible grouping of students and differentiation by classroom teachers.
- Indicators for student placement and student need.
- To inform students, parents and educators of progress.
- To assess curriculum effectiveness.
- Indicators for more specific assessments.
- Guide student instruction.
Links & Documents
EXPLORE Test (Grade 8)
PSAT/NMSQT Test--Grade 11 (Optional)
PLAN Test (Grade 10)
Advance Placement Exams (AP)
MCA-III Reading (Grades 3-8 & 10,); MCA-II Math (Grade 11); MCA-III Math (Grades 3-8); MCA-III Science (Grades 5, 8 & 10)