Driver Education Class Information
2018 SPRING and SUMMER DRIVER EDUCATION CLASSES ARE OPEN FOR REGISTRATION
To register online click the link:
STMA Driver Education Classroom Registration and Schedule: stma.ce.eleyo.com
- Printable Spring 2018 Driver Education registration form click here
- Printable Summer 2018 Driver Education registration form click here
Here is the link to the Minnesota practice tests:
Click below to download the Minnesota Drivers Manual
STMA Classroom Driver Education (revised 02-12-18)
Driver Education class is held at St. Michael-Albertville High School 5800 Jamison Avenue NE, St. Michael, MN 55376 in Room 2242 (Enter Door A) Students must be promptly picked up at completion of the class by Door “A”of the High School.
Attendance/Tardy/Make-up Class No one is allowed to miss the 1st day of class or the Mandatory Parent/Student meeting.
1. PERFECT ATTENDANCE IS EXPECTED! If a student must miss a class he/she must have PRIOR APPROVAL from the instructor. If a class is missed a make-up class is required. Refer to your class schedule for the correct Make-Up/Tardy Class to attend.
2. Student who has two or three tardies requires one hour of make-up time, four or five tardies requires two hours of make-up time. Refer to your class schedule for the correct Make-Up/Tardy Class to attend.
- State Law for students under 18 years of age must be in attendance for 31.5 hours of classroom instruction.
- Because there is only one 4 hour make-up session, students needing more than four hours of make-up time will be WITHDRAWN and must REPEAT ALL 31.5 hours of the classroom instruction.
Materials & Assignments/Classroom & School Grounds Etiquette/ Blue Card/Mandatory Parent/Student Meeting
3. Students are provided with a workbook and a manual on the first day of class. These should be brought to every class to be used as resources.
4. Students who are 15 years of age or older during the class will receive their “BLUE CARD,” at the end of the class. The BLUE CARD allows students to take the permit test. Students that turn 15 after the completion of this class, will pick up their BLUE CARD on or after their 15th birthday at the Community Education office.
5. Students are encouraged to bring their electronics (cell phone, laptop/tablet, etc.) for classroom activities. Head caps, food or beverages will not be allowed in the room, however a water bottle is encouraged. Please help keep the room and hallways clean.
6. Students must demonstrate a positive and serious attitude.
7. Students must meet all requirements to pass the classroom instruction. This includes selected workbook activities, 9 manual chapter quizzes, 2 final exams, and handouts.
8. Students are expected to interact with each guest speaker brought into the classroom. A wide range of topics will be covered, such as: auto insurance, law enforcement, injury prevention, sharing the road with school buses, work zones, railroad crossings, and winter driving etc.
9. A MANDATORY Parent/Student Meeting is scheduled during the Driver Education class, refer to class schedule for date and time. if parent and student are unable to attend meeting, the student's blue card will be held until a future parent/student meeting at STMA can be attended. Those who attend will be issued a Supplemental Parental Course Certificate of Completion. This certificate is held at the Community Education office until the student has completed all of their behind the wheel training and is picked up at the same time as student picks up the White Card.
NOTES: The WHITE CARD (allows student to take the road test) and Supplemental Parental Course Certificate of Completion are held at the Community Education office until the student has completed all of their behind the wheel training. Students need to bring their permit when picking up these cards from the Community Education office.
For those Parents/Students who were unable to attend the Mandatory Parent/Student Meeting, the students’ BLUE CARD will be withheld until a future Parent/Student meeting at STMA can be attended.
Community Education Office: 60 Central Ave. W, St. Michael, MN 55376
Students must be picked up promptly at the completion of each class by Door “A” at the High School.
Email Connie Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 763-497-1704 after you’ve passed your permit test to let her know you are ready for Behind the Wheel.