Testing & Assessment
As we approach MCA testing within our schools, parents/guardians will receive letters giving information on dates for testing. Letters will either be mailed home or sent home with the student depending on the building.
To view specific testing building dates, please use the Testing Calendar link! As building testing schedules are finalized, they will be posted.
STMA Ranks in the top 10.5% of Minnesota Public Schools!!
The 2016 MCA-III Reading, Mathematics & Science Results can be found under the "MCA-III Reading, Math, Science" section below.
Assessment Program Objectives
- To measure the effectiveness of the district's curriculum in instructing toward the academic standards.
- To ensure that all St. Michael-Albertville students leave high school with sound college and career readiness skills.
- To have data regarding student achievement readily available for use by appropriate personnel.
- To assess new students quickly and efficiently to ensure appropriate placement.
- To adhere to state and federal regulations and requirements.
Test results can be used in a variety of ways including:
- Flexible grouping of students and differentiation by classroom teachers.
- Indicators for student placement and student need.
- To inform students, parents and educators of progress.
- To assess curriculum effectiveness.
- Indicators for more specific assessments.
- Guide student instruction.
Links and Resources
PSAT/NMSQT Test--Grade 11 (Optional)
PLAN Test (Grade 10)
Advance Placement Exams (AP)
MCA-III Reading (Grades 3-8 & 10); MCA-III Math (Grades 3-8 & 11); MCA-III Science (Grades 5, 8 & 10)
- MCA-III Math, Reading, and Science Results 2015-2016 School Year
- MCA-III Individual Student Report Quick Guide
- MCA-III Individual Student Report Interpretive Guide (all grades)
- MCA Rankings
SCHOOL REPORT CARD
The school report card provides parents, educators & community members access to our district and individual school information, test results and demographic information. The following link will direct you to the report card site on the Minnesota Department of Education website.
ACCESS for ELLs
Information about Statewide Testing
If you have any questions, contact Shari Ledahl, Director of Testing and Assessment at email@example.com, or 763-497-6536.
Curriculum/Testing & Assessment Department
District Office/Middle School West
11343 50th Street NE
Albertville, MN 55301