Testing & Assessment
STMA uses a number of measures to assess and evaluate student progress toward local, state, and national standards and college and career readiness standards. The purpose of the layered assessment system is to screen, progress monitor, determine curriculum effectiveness, personalize student instruction, evaluate program effectiveness, gauge instructional strategy effectiveness, determine student program placement, diagnose learning difficulties, determine state/federal accountability, and inform students and parents of student progress.
Assessment Program Objectives
- To measure the effectiveness of the district's curriculum in instructing toward the academic standards.
- To ensure that all St. Michael-Albertville students leave high school with sound college and career readiness skills.
- To have data regarding student achievement readily available for use by appropriate personnel.
- To assess new students quickly and efficiently to ensure appropriate placement.
- To adhere to state and federal regulations and requirements.
- to create flexible grouping of students and differentiation by classroom teachers,
- as indicators for student placement,
- to inform students, parents and educators of academic progress,
- to assess curriculum effectiveness,
- and guide student instruction.
Advanced Placement (AP)
Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment (MCA)
- MCA Math (Grades 3-8,11): 2013-2017
- MCA Reading (Grades 3-8,10): 2013-2017
- MCA Science (Grades 5, 8, HS): 2013-2017
- MCA Rankings
- PSAT Results: 2017
State of the District
Links and Resources
- 2017-2018 District Testing Calendar
- State Graduation Assessment Requirements
- Why Statewide Testing Matters
- School Report Card: The school report card provides parents, educators & community members access to our district and individual school information, test results and demographic information.
- Parent/Guardian Guide and Refusal for Student Participation in Statewide Testing
- MCA Parent Fact Sheet
- MCA Test Prep Suggestions
- MCA Individual Student Report (ISR) Guide
If you have any questions, please contact Jonah Barten, District Assessment Coordinator at 763-497-6505 or email at email@example.com